As we step into 2024, Queenstown promises a lineup of events that will create memories to last a lifetime. Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, a nature enthusiast, or a culture connoisseur, Queenstown has something special for everyone. Let’s dive into the best events that will make your visit to Queenstown in 2024 truly remarkable.
- Remarkables Market (Every Saturday, 2024): For a taste of Queenstown’s local flavors, don’t miss the Remarkables Market. Held every Saturday, this vibrant market showcases the region’s finest produce, crafts, and artisanal goods. Stroll through the stalls, interact with local vendors, and indulge in delicious treats while enjoying live music and the friendly community atmosphere.
- Glenorchy Races (January 6, 2024): Experience the charm of a traditional Kiwi horse racing day at the Glenorchy Races. Held against the backdrop of the stunning Remarkables mountain range, this event combines equestrian excitement with a relaxed and family-friendly atmosphere. Enjoy the races, live music, and festivities in the heart of the picturesque Glenorchy.
- Queenstown Bike Festival (January 19-28, 2024): Calling all cycling enthusiasts! The Queenstown Bike Festival is a week-long celebration of all things bike-related. From thrilling downhill races to scenic trail rides, this festival caters to riders of every skill level. Join the biking community, explore the stunning trails surrounding Queenstown, and participate in the festivities that celebrate the love of two wheels.
- Gibbston Valley Summer Concert (February 3, 2024): Simple Minds, Texas, Collective Soul and Pseudo Echo will take centre stage at this summer’s Gibbston Valley Queenstown Summer Concert. Set against the iconic backdrop of Gibbston Valley Winery, this sought-after event is not to be missed on your summer concert calendar.
- New Zealand Golf Open (February 24-March 3, 2024): Based at the luxurious Millbrook Resort – the professional golfers will compete for the New Zealand Open title whilst simultaneously, a pairing of one professional and one amateur will play a best-ball format for the New Zealand Open Pro-Am Championship.
- LUMA Southern Light Project (May 30-June 3, 2024): Experience Queenstown in a different light – literally. The LUMA Southern Light Project is a mesmerizing light and art festival that transforms Queenstown Gardens into an illuminated wonderland. Artists from around the world use light installations to create a magical nocturnal landscape, providing a unique and enchanting experience for visitors of all ages. Keep an eye out for the announcement of the 2024 dates to ensure you don’t miss this extraordinary event.
- Queenstown International Film Festival (July 21-28, 2024): Film buffs, rejoice! The Queenstown International Film Festival brings cinematic excellence to the adventure capital. Enjoy a diverse selection of films, from international blockbusters to independent gems, screened in unique and picturesque locations. Q&A sessions with filmmakers and actors add a personal touch to this cinematic celebration.
- Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival (August 15-18, 2024): For those who thrive on icy adventures, the Remarkables Ice & Mixed Festival is a must-attend event. This unique gathering attracts climbers from around the globe to tackle the frozen landscapes of the Remarkables mountain range. Whether you’re a seasoned ice climber or a spectator, the breathtaking scenery and daring feats of skill will leave you awe-inspired.
- Winter Pride Festival (August 22-September 1, 2024): Celebrate diversity and inclusion at the Winter Pride Festival, an annual LGBTQ+ event that turns Queenstown into a colorful and lively hub. Enjoy a range of activities, including parties, parades, film screenings, and community events, all set against the backdrop of the stunning Southern Alps.
- Queenstown International Marathon (November 16, 2024): Lace up your running shoes and get ready for a scenic journey through some of the most picturesque landscapes in the world. The Queenstown International Marathon offers a variety of race distances, allowing participants to choose the route that suits their fitness level. Run along Lake Wakatipu and take in the stunning views of the Southern Alps as you challenge yourself in this internationally acclaimed event.
Plan your trip and mark your calendars!